1. Patient care: conducts diagnostic and prognostic evaluations and functional ability tests as prescribed observing all precautions and contraindications. Plans and implements therapy programs as per physicians' orders and in compliance with current standards and practices. Makes recommendations regarding care of the patient to the physician, team members, and discharge/case manager.
2. Documentation: Evaluates patient's records and documents progress in patient's chart daily. Completes documentation in patient records on a timely basis which includes but not limited to evaluations, progress notes, charges, updated prescriptions, discharge notes, weekly in-patient re-eval, and physician and patient communication.
3. Supervision: Direct activities of certified Physical Therapy Assistants, PT/OT techs, students and volunteers
4. Quality: Participates n continuous quality improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, recommendations, and implementation of quality assurance actin plans.
5. Department Compliance: complies with department Policy and Procedure, Safety/Infection Control Plans/OSHA guidelines Employee handbook, and standards of regulatory bodies (JACHO, Medicare, CARF, etc.)
6. Demonstrates Customer Service and behaviors appropriately.
7. Productivity expectations for an 8-hour day are a minimum of 24 Units of Service per day with a patient to staff ratio of 1:6. The therapy supervisor will assist in determining other quota as the staffing ratios change.
8. Other duties as assigned.
POPULATION SERVED :
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served:Orthopedic, newuro, spine care, pulmonary including but not limited to joint replacement, fractures, CVA, soft tissue injury, etc.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
B.S. in Physical Therapy required
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Board certified by Texas State Board of Physical Therapy required. BCLS Certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
1-2 years preferred
New graduates accepted
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Physical Therapy principles and practices, general anatomy and physiology, diseases and post surgical conditions, body movements and functions, and medical terminology.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom