Physical Therapist, Full Time
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Position Description:
In accordance with physician orders, the Physical Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Physical Therapy.
- Florida State licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- New Grads May Apply.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.