Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 116 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations. General Statement of Duties:
Evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treat patients according to physician's orders; maintains required records and notes on patient care; assumes responsibility for patient charges; provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same. Takes initiative for professional development and education and maintains annual requirements. Completes assignments independently, and fosters an environment of teamwork, quality and safety. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience:
- Evaluates patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient's age and development.
- Determines the efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes and the utilization of PTA's, students and support personnel.
- Documents evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
- Supervises the daily activities of the PTA, and support personnel, in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
- Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, OT's and SLP's to implement and assess the intervention program.
- Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Bachelors of Science degree from a University in Physical Therapy. Minimum License and Certificates Required
Licensed Physical Therapist by the state of Texas Reporting Relationships:
Supervised By: A Rehab Services Supervisor, Manager or Director
Supervision Of: Physical Therapy Assistants and support personnel. Equipment Utilized:
Meditech, PC, typical therapy modalities appropriate to work setting
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom