Under the general supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services and according to professional standards, the Physical Therapist evaluates, plans, and executes patient's treatment program. Coordinates with the team, patient, and family to develop a goal directed program. Must maintain accurate records of services provided. Responsible for following departmental procedures, maintaining professional standards, and seeking professional growth. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Plans and coordinates treatment program and discharge plans:
- Plans and executes patient treatment plan safely and effectively to achieve set goals.
- Maintains standards for treatment procedures and professional ethics established by the TPTA and APTA and TBPTE. Is knowledgeable and competent in advanced treatment techniques.
- Directs Techs and Students' treatments according to departmental policies and formally evaluates student performance during the affiliation as required by academic institution.
- Executes treatments and adjusts treatment time based on diagnosis and patient need. Able to perform treatment load as outlined by the program/ departmental standards.
- Demonstrates ability to modify therapeutic interventions as patient's abilities/skills changes in order to meet goals. The interventions are appropriate to the patient's age, developmental age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related to the diagnosis (high risk/high volume).
- Responds to acute changes in patient's status and modifies treatment techniques as indicated (high risk/high volume).
- Leaves adequate treatment information for care of patient for anticipated absences according to departmental policies and procedures.
Documents services provided:
- Performs patient evaluation upon receipt of physician's orders.
- Completes thorough evaluations in accordance with guidelines stated in program policies and procedures.
- Follows standard professional procedures for assessments.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures for documenting patient progress.
- Completes daily charges and treatment records according to departmental policies/procedures.
- Initiates incident reports and reviews with supervisor according to policies/procedures.
Demonstrates commitment to professional and departmental/program growth:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Actively seeks out opportunities for continuing education with departmental/programmatic procedures.
- Compliance with all mandatory in-services and certifications.
- Actively seeks professional growth through the use of Hospital resources.
- Contributes to the improvement/expansion of at least one program per year.
- Takes initiative to train techs in various physical therapy techniques, volunteer program, student program.
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and Round Rock Medical Center. Must be able to work independently, complete tasks without supervision, and demonstrate independence with decision-making and problem solving in job related activities. Exhibits regular, predictable attendance in accordance with Departmental policies and able to manage time demands effectively. Demonstrates flexibility to changing work environment or responsibilities and must be able to function in emergency situations. Exhibits professional and ethical conduct at all times and is courteous with patients, co-workers, family members, physicians, and the general public. Appropriately handles confidential information regarding patient records. Must take initiative to set own schedule and patient related goals. Maintains a safe working environment, provides instruction to family, patients, and other professionals and communicates effectively using written, verbal, computer and telephone communication. Uses a broad variety of small tools and electrical equipment and patient care appliances routinely to provide patient care. Population served may range from infant to geriatrics. Must pass competency checklists for all responsibilities outlined by Departmental/program policy. Will participate and promote positive team interactions to ensure quality patient care and interdisciplinary collaboration. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Master's degree in Physical Therapy
Preferred: Previous experience in Physical Therapy LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Current PT license to practice in the State of Texas
AHA BLS at time of hire
CLT required - CWS preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom