North Florida Regional Medical Center is a full-service medical and surgical acute care facility serving 14 counties in North-Central Florida.
We are honored to have earned Quality Top Performer recognition from The Joint Commission four years in a row
NFRMC is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Position Summary:
The Physical Therapist (PT) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitative services to patients to improve mobility, relieve pain and disability.
- Designs, implements and documents appropriate initial plan of care and sets measurable goals based on patients' age, total needs perspective and environment
- Demonstrates and articulates sound clinical reasoning through synthesizing evaluation data from initial patient assessment, medical history and physician orders to develop a comprehensive plan of care. Follows intervention protocols and adapts conventional therapy techniques to meet the needs of the patient. Performs regular re-evaluations to determine patient progress and adjusts or alters plan of care accordingly.
- Records, monitors, and analyzes clinical data to review, reevaluate and modify treatment plan and goals.
- Demonstrates use of the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care; collaborates, confers and updates physician, patient, family and other team members regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning.
- Determines when patient progress and goals have been met or medical necessity no longer warrants intervention. Establishes provisions for continuing services and makes referrals to other professionals regarding patient care as necessary.
- Collaborates with patient services departments and community service agencies to coordinate and conduct educational outreach programs and learning activities.
- Supports hospital initiatives in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner. "
- Receives, interprets, and implements physician orders accurately and in a courteous manner. Consults resources to clarify unfamiliar or questionable orders."
- Ensures proactive and effective communication is maintained with physician regarding patient observations, reactions and changes inpatient condition or status and accurately documents.
Bachelors in Science and/or Masters in Science degree from school of Physical Therapy Experience:
Experience in appropriate healthcare setting preferred Licensure:
State of Florida Physical Therapist License Training:
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Skills:
Critical thinking, advanced decision making and problem resolution, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills