West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
Summary of Responsibilities: To effectively and efficiently perform the duties of the staff Physical Therapist in a variety of clinical settings. Works in cooperation with all departments within the hospital to provide superior services. Demonstrates a professional, helpful attitude in dealing with patients and visitors. Must interact with other hospital employees and physicians in a professional manner directed towards providing quality patient care in a cooperative and efficient environment. Accepts other responsibilities in the Physical Therapy Department as assigned by Supervisor or Director.
• Preferably a year of experience, however new graduates are acceptable
• Experience in certain areas of expertise may be required
• Graduation from an accredited school of Physical Therapy
• Possesses a Bachelors degree, entry level Masters or Doctorate degree or both
• Current California license as a Registered Physical Therapist from the State Board or eligibility to sit for exam if a new graduate
• Additional certifications in clinical specialties may be required for clinical specialists' positions
• Must maintain current BLS certification
• The ability to accurately evaluate the patient, develop appropriate treatment plans, perform all modalities and procedures and communicate information accurately verbally and in documentation
• Must have a basic knowledge of disease pathology, and an ability to work with many personality types and disciplines
• Has knowledge of growth and development, anatomy and physiology appropriate for treating patients of all ages including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics
• Have supervisory responsibilities over Physical Therapy Assistants, aides and volunteers when working in the same areas
• Ability to be a resource for patients, families and other employees for appropriate case management and discharge planning
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom