Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented - The Joint Replacement Academy - offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet. Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise-as part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God. General Statement of Duties:
Evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treat patients according to physician's orders; maintains required records and notes on patient care; assumes responsibility for patient charges; provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same. Takes initiative for professional development and education and maintains annual requirements. Completes assignments independently, and fosters an environment of teamwork, quality and safety. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience:
- Evaluates patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient's age and development.
- Determines the efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes and the utilization of PTA's, students and support personnel.
- Documents evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
- Supervises the daily activities of the PTA, and support personnel, in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
- Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, OT's and SLP's to implement and assess the intervention program.
- Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Bachelors of Science degree from a University in Physical Therapy. Minimum License and Certificates Required
Licensed Physical Therapist by the state of Texas Reporting Relationships:
Supervised By: A Rehab Services Supervisor, Manager or Director
Supervision Of: Physical Therapy Assistants and support personnel. Equipment Utilized:
Meditech, PC, typical therapy modalities appropriate to work setting
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom