Physical Therapist PRN University Hospital & Medical Center
Tamarac, FL Facility Description:
At University Hospital and Medical Center, it's all about community. For almost 35 years we've transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve. Today, we're a 317-bed facility that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Our team includes nearly 1,000 healthcare professionals and 550 physicians. We invite you to make our team even stronger.
University Hospital & Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Job Description:
In accordance with physicians orders, the Physical Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy
- B.S. in Physical Therapy
- State licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom