Methodist Texsan Hospital excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification . The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations. General Statement of Duties:
The Physical Therapist evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treat patients according to physician's orders; maintains required records and notes on patient care; assumes responsibility for patient charges; provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same. Takes initiative for professional development and education and maintains annual requirements. Completes assignments independently, and fosters an environment of teamwork, quality and safety. Essential Job Functions:
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience:
- Evaluates patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient's age and development.
- Determines the efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes and the utilization of PTA's, students and support personnel.
- Documents evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
- Supervises the daily activities of the PTA, and support personnel, in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
- Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, OT's and SLP's to implement and assess the intervention program.
- Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Bachelors of Science degree from a University in Physical Therapy. Minimum License and Certificates Required
Licensed Physical Therapist by the state of Texas Reporting Relationships:
Supervised By: A Rehab Services Supervisor, Manager or Director
Supervision Of: Physical Therapy Assistants and support personnel. Equipment Utilized:
Meditech, PC, typical therapy modalities appropriate to work setting