Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas
Physical Therapist (PT) - Therapy Services PRN
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment.
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
• Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women's Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently accepting applications for a Physical Therapist (PT) for its Therapy Services Department. This is a PRN position.
Delivers medically prescribed Physical Therapy in support of medical care as described by the primary physician. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population. Evaluates all patients referred for physical therapy to establish treatment goals and treatment plan. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team in helping the patient and their families achieve the highest level of functioning. Supervises all patient care delivered by licensed assistants and for rehabilitation technicians. Participates in planning and implementing new services and staff development programs. Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively for maximum productivity and for timely patient evaluations and reporting.
• Effective communication skills with patients, staff, and physicians.
• Able to prepare meaningful reports and accurate records of test results, evaluation summaries, and patient responses.
• Motor coordination and manual dexterity for special therapeutic procedures and equipment.
• Ability to relate to people during illness and in crisis situations.
• Be able to make decisions with a minimum of supervision.
Graduate of/or certified by an accredited college or university with a major or curriculum in Physical Therapy as approved by the APTA.
Must have successfully completed an approved clinical internship.
One (1) year experience in Acute/Rehabilitation therapy.
Licensed or eligible for licensure by the Texas State Board of Physical Therapy.
Certified in CPR.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom