- This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. Under the supervision of the manager, the Physical Therapy Assistant assists the Physical Therapist in the delivery of patient treatment and contributes to the assessment process. The Physical Therapy Assistant provides documentation of treatment and outcomes, participates in discharge planning, performs administrative duties, participates in Performance Improvement, pursues professional growth, assists with student education, oversees work of volunteers, and students and when need arises will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.Qualifications:
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certificate of graduation from accredited PTA program. Licensed as a PTA from another state preferred. BLS certification required.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program. Current PTA license preferred.
- Experience: No experience required.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to communicate with patients using auditory Input and Output.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom