Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients. Review patient records.*
2. Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients.*
3. Perform orthopedic procedures and selective medical services (including diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care procedures) as appropriate under the direction of a physician*
4. First responder in the Emergency Department to diagnose and provide patient care intervention under the direction of physician (Emergency Department/Orthopedic Surgeon/Trauma Surgeon)*
5. Available for orthopedic inpatient consults under the direction of a physician*
6. Available for urgent calls regarding orthopedic inpatients*
7. Available for urgent calls regarding trauma alerted patients in the Emergency Department
8. Available to assist in Operating Room (preoperative care, surgical assistance and postoperative care)*
9. Available to provide supervision of patients undergoing stress test evaluations
10. Keep accurate progress notes and dictate discharge summaries
11. Appropriately communicates with physicians regarding any patient care issues*
12. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.*
13. Functions independently in an organized and time conscious manner*
14. Presents self in a professional manner*
15. Shows flexibility as it relates to staffing needs of the unit and needs of the position
16. Responsible for professional growth and development. Keeps records of in services, seminars and certifications for yearly evaluation.
17. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.*
18. Other duties as assigned
THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
• Position includes responsibilities at both HDH Forest and HDH Parham
• Available in the hospital from 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday, or as weekly schedule outlines
• Available by call 7 PM through 7 AM Monday through Thursday and 7 PM Friday night through 7 AM Monday morning or as weekly schedule outlines.
• Available to make rounds on a daily basis 7 days/week
• Available on rotating weekly schedules to include 3 days at 12 hours daily or 4 days at 10 hours daily
Required -knowledge of orthopedic and trauma care practices, licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Virginia
Preferred -computer skills
Required - graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant training program
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom