Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.Key Responsibilities
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects and spearhead research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Defines experiments and determines the type of meaningful data required to support evaluation and technical decision
- Lead and/or develop, and executes complex system projects. Leads module design and engineering. Takes active part in the design of complex modules / sub-modules. Qualifies complex systems
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a wide range of complex problems. Leads research and analysis results. Supports high level / complex physics related application and system issues in the lab and in the field when required.
- Function as specialist for physics/scientists issues, while influencing and utilizing expertise in interfacing with external and internal customers, lead and/or develop and execute system projects, troubleshooting system problems, and defining system specifications and schedules. Reviews and approves system and sub-system requirements and specifications designed by other team members.
- Apply principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Participates in product risk management discussions leveraging his / her expertise and knowledge to influence and drive risk management decisions
- Initiates innovative physics/science projects, which extend boundaries of system performance or technology. Leads the selection and management of strategic Vendors for small modules. Maintains relationships with outside customers of innovation, Universities, Consortia. Participates in technological customer engagements
- Provide mentoring for less experienced physicist/scientists.
- Research new technologies and analyze competition technology. Evaluate new technologies. Plan and execute complex feasibility studies of new technologies and lead the decision making process. Prepare and deliver papers regarding new technologies, share and promote new ideas and capabilities. Plans and executes feasibility studies of complete systems / sub-systems, leveraging new technologies and design concepts. Leads the demonstration of new capabilities
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.