At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Pilot Plant Technician for the Film, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Organization (FMSCO) Pilot Plant located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Pilot Plant Technician will be responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining various pilot plant equipment and processes. Provide support to conduct experimental and production runs while maintaining a safe working environment. This job involves shift work on a regular basis with overtime. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Supporting development of technologies and processes.
- Preparing and operating experimental, prototype or production equipment. Provides general maintenance, setup, and changeover of equipment.
- Locating defects or problems during the manufacturing process. Makes adjustments to correct the problem.
- Performing quality testing. Interprets and provides feedback on quality results. Adjusts machinery to meet specifications based on test results.
- Maintaining record of run conditions and quality test results. Produces necessary reports.
- Participating and occasionally serving as team leader in various pilot plant teams.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- Associates/Two (2)-year Technical degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Extrusion experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with web handling
- Experience with nonwovens processes and/or equipment
- Experience with injection molding processes and/or equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and good problem solving skills
- Ability to complete work with little supervision and work well in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Personal flexibility to handle change within the workplace
- Microsoft Office proficient
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
Up to 5% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.