Sound pipeline planning and provision is foundational in driving Monsanto's product development from early discovery phase, through phase I-4 and into product launch. Monsanto has the world's largest field testing research pipeline. Smart logistics are critical to the ongoing success for a single field testing platform. Intelligent pipeline design and operations are critical in driving Monsanto's ability to deliver novel products to market. The successful candidate for the Breeding Pipeline Enablement Coordinator role will manage a pipeline project(s) by implementing world class field testing setups within enterprise software in collaboration with scientists/breeders, and the Field Testing Organization.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Driving the development of solid field testing protocols and work instructions to ensure successful testing communication by understanding the testing needs of the partner to the testing team.
- Assist Seed Operations teams by coordinating seed processing needs, inventory creation, substitution protocols and backup plans as needed
- Accurately forecasting field resource requirements including optimum planting location needs, and changes in testing requirements.
- MS or BS degree in Logistics, Agricultural Sciences, Genetics, Plant breeding or related field with work experience in plant breeding operations or field based agronomic research.
- Proficient in FTS (Monsanto's enterprise Field Testing Systems) and/or other data management and analysis software.
- A proven history of mastering database applications and IT tools to plan and execute experiments, to organize and track samples, and to extract and analyze information.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams at different locations.
- Project management experience, with the ability to drive projects to completion while working under tight timelines.
- Results-orientation, attention to detail.
- Ability to lead by influence.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Skills and experience working with multidisciplinary research and field teams.
- Understanding and implementation of operational research models to make complex logistics easy.
- Expert in business process model.
- Expert in novel software to drive no touch logistics (ie: Spotfire; Pipeline Pilot)
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.