Monsanto's field testing research pipeline, the world's largest R&D pipeline for seeds and traits, is adapting to take advantage of new technologies and markets. Adoption of intelligent logistics systems is a key step in our continued development as a leader in digital agriculture and toward achieving our corporate vision of producing more, conserving more, and improving lives globally.
Monsanto's breeding logistics strategy team is in search of an intern to help drive this transformation by using advanced modeling and analytics techniques to redesign the way in which the R&D pipeline is planned, managed, and executed. As a Pipeline Enablement Intern, you will be able to use mathematical modeling and related approaches to analyze business problems, develop a solution to generate value, and drive adoption of a solution in collaboration with partner teams. A key focus of the role will be on planning and logistics practices within R&D.
You will have the opportunity to present and discuss ideas with leaders at multiple levels of the organization including peers, management, and internal customers. This role provides a strong development opportunity for the business-focused candidate with experience in analytics, mathematical modeling, operations management, or a related field.
Dates for this summer internship are May-August of 2018.
- Current enrollment in a B.S. degree program with expertise in: mathematical modeling, simulation, decisions analysis, stochastic models, system dynamics and forecasting
- Creative, proactive, bold, and out-of-box thinking
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving big data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights from data
- Strong business aptitude
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Current enrollment in a M.S. degree program
- 2 years experience in Operations Management, Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering, or a related field
- 2 years experience with Analytics, optimization and statistics (i.e., CPLEX, R, PYTHON, SAS etc)
- Experience with simulation software (Arena, AnyLogic, Simul8 etc.)
- Knowledge of operations research and mathematical optimization concepts
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques is highly desired
- Experience in translating business problems into mathematical models to create business value.
- Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.