The Capital and Engineering organization is a new function within Dow AgroSciences that is chartered to deliver capital solutions, engineering and project execution expertise across the Ag Division, including both Platforms (Crop Protection and Seeds). This organization has many exciting new job opportunities, including this posting for Piping Engineer.
The Piping Engineer is responsible for providing capital project deliverables, technology application, and driving excellence and efficiency within his/her area of expertise through implementation of appropriate engineering tools, technologies, and work processes, typically as part of a project team. The Piping Engineer is also responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges, and developing engineering solutions to support our Ag Division manufacturing plant sites and R&D activities. This position is located in Pittsburg, CA.
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for FEL deliverables required to supply a quality process design package to the project design team.
- Perform fitness for service evaluation of existing piping systems
- Eliminate piping failures and leaks through proactive analysis of piping systems.
- Analyze piping Mechanical Integrity / Quality Assurance (MIQA) operating problems, provide operating and maintenance support by recommending and helping to implement solutions on pressurized systems used in the Ag Division.
- Identify and promote best practices (including national and international standards) for designing, operating, and maintaining piping, and associated equipment.
- Occasionally assess equipment suppliers' engineering and manufacturing capability.
- Support site MIQA and maintenance personnel during equipment overhauls and unscheduled outages - i.e., emergency repair.
- Work with other consultants, plant and business personnel, suppliers and contractors on piping and other fixed equipment related activities.
- Support development and updating of AgCo Corporate Engineering Standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience primarily in engineering, application, plant technical or maintenance involving piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers or other static chemical process equipment and systems.
- Must be able to travel to company facilities, equipment manufacturers, Engineering Contractors (EPC) and repair shops.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- BS is required. Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field is highly desired.
- General knowledge of static process equipment typically used in chemical processes.
- Detailed knowledge or piping systems and stress analysis methods and software.
- Experience with piping manufacturing methods and quality control.
- Ability to apply theory and experience to the application, inspection, start-up, and troubleshooting of piping systems.
- Familiarity with ASME, API, Standards for piping and / or other fixed equipment.
- Networking capability to effectively leverage other corporate and external resources to provide timely cost effective solutions.
- MS degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software such as Compress or PV Elite is a plus.
- Chemical industry experience is highly desired.
- Professional Engineering License is highly desired.
GEOGRAPHIC PREFERENCES, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a multi-function team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone.
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Geographic location: Pittsburg, CA
- Depending upon candidate's location, either Regional or Global travel (10 - 20%) may be required often on short notice. The geographic areas of highest concentration of workload include Midland, MI and Pittsburg, CA (near San Francisco).
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
We are commercializing discoveries from the intersection of the chemical, physical and biological sciences that deliver solutions to the world's challenges.