Place and Route Design Automation Engineer Job Description
- Develops and tests Engineering Design Automation tools, creates flows/scripts to analyze and test design methodologies.
- Specifies materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects.
- Evaluates vendor practical capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Responsible for designing, deploying and testing efficiency of tools to utilize in achieving design goals and collaborating with design teams on methodology development.
- Design Automation Engineers are advocates of applying design methodologies to help execute projects effectively and successfully with high quality.
Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with knowledge and hands-on working experience with Backend design tools APR with a minimum of five years relevant experience.
Additional qualifications include:
Expertise with Vendor tools for Backend design. Ex: Synopsys ICC/ICC2, DC/DCE, etc.
Expertise in back end design verification Sign-off tools and methods including Timing Analysis , Quality , Power, X-talk, etc.
Strong programming skills in scripting languages such as Perl and Tcl and experience with C and/or C on Linux* and/or UNIX*
Working knowledge of stdcell based APR build flows including design convergence for power and timing optimization
Team work, enthusiasm and ability to work on problems independently - Excellent debug skills at the tool and flow levels
Excellent verbal and written communication skillsInside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.