Newly combined with Baxalta, Shire is now the leading global biotechnology company
focused on serving people affected by rare diseases and highly specialized conditions.
These diseases are often misunderstood, undiagnosed and life-threatening.
Our 22,000 employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop
and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world
affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective
therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
At Shire, we are dedicated to expanding, building and sustaining leadership across our key therapeutic areas through our extensive portfolio of products, innovative pipeline and collaborative approach to working with diverse partners around the globe. We strive to earn and keep the trust of our patients, their families and physicians, and all others who support and advance their care. Working together, the possibilities for our patients, healthcare partners and employees are unprecedented, with significant growth potential for our shareholders.
Responsible for Materials Replenishment Plan for raw materials to support production schedules. Responsible for tracking materials from purchase to full and available use by the manufacturing process area. Must work closely with Planning/Scheduler on weekly and monthly production and capacity plans as well as long range capacity plans. Responsible for creating an inventory plan as well as budget for materials in the product portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage replenishment purchases for raw materials that support manufacturing processes. Responsibility includes managing open orders in the ERP system as well as supporting finance in the closure of supplier invoices.
2. Work closely with warehouse staff, warehouse quality staff, production schedulers, and supplier relations teams to achieve seamless availability of products to the manufacturing floor and most efficient processes for material flow and storage.
3. Support change control efforts for product conversions and new product introductions.
4. Manage inventory levels, monitor MRP data, create and defend safety stock levels, and create and defend inventory budgets for products in his/her portfolio.
5. Create forecasts for raw material in the product portfolio and work with suppliers and/or the supplier relations teams.
5. Manage reporting tools and metrics that support department and team goals.
6. Support a LEAN culture including the ability to evaluate process efficiency.
7. Create documentation to support processes including procedures, job aids, process flows, and power point training decks.
8. Identify and manage inventory of excess, slow move and obsolete materials. Recommend actions that should be taken to resolve issues.
Must be analytical, problem solver, and have good communication skills. Must understand the math components of MRP and understand data components that should be monitored and adjusted for effective management of inventory. Should be able to summarize and simplify complex and detailed analysis and mathematical calculations in order to communicate issues and suggest courses of action. Understand and support LEAN methodology and culture. Computer skills and systems knowledge required. Experience in planning and manufacturing tools such as ERP and MRP systems is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools required. Must be able to work in a sometimes ambiguous environment and be a flexible team player.
Education and/or Experience:
BS in Operations/Logistics or similar degree; 2 - 5 years related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.