Company: Shire plc
Location: Georgia, United States
Posted: November 14, 2017
Reference ID: R0015928
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Responsible for Analysis and Creation of Materials Replenishment Plan for raw materials to support production schedules. Responsible for tracking materials from purchase to full and available use by the manufacturing process area. Must work closely with Planning/Scheduler on weekly and monthly production and capacity plans as well as long range capacity plans. Responsible for creating an inventory plan as well as budget for materials in the product portfolio.
1. Manage replenishment purchases for raw materials that support manufacturing processes. Responsibility includes managing open orders in the ERP system as well as supporting finance in the closure of supplier invoices.
2. Work closely with warehouse staff, receiving and inspection, production planners, and supplier relations teams to achieve seamless availability of products to the manufacturing floor and most efficient processes for material flow and storage.
3. Support change control efforts for product conversions and new product introductions.
4. Manage inventory levels, monitor MRP data and planning parameters, create and defend safety stock levels, and create and defend inventory budgets for products in his/her portfolio. Challenge manufacturing demand variances/material consumption.
5. Create supplier forecasts for raw material in the product portfolio and work with suppliers and/or the supplier relations teams.
6. Manage reporting tools and metrics that support department and team goals.
7. Support a LEAN culture including the ability to evaluate process efficiency.
8. Create documentation to support processes including procedures, job aids, process flows, and power point training decks.
9. Identify and manage inventory of excess, slow move and obsolete materials. Recommend actions that should be taken to resolve issues.
10. Manage small to medium size projects.
Must be analytical, problem solver, detail oriented and be able to assemble presentable packages of data and metrics. Must understand the math components of MRP and understand data components that should be monitored and adjusted for effective management of inventory. Must be able to perform scenario analysis. Should be able to summarize and simplify complex and detailed analysis and mathematical calculations in order to communicate issues and suggest courses of action. Must possess excellent communication skills in written, presentation, and verbal forms. Understand and support LEAN methodology and culture. Computer skills and systems knowledge required. Experience in planning and manufacturing tools such as ERP and MRP systems is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools required. Must be expert user of Microsoft Excel.
Must be able to work in a sometimes ambiguous environment and be a flexible team player. Should be able to work independently as a self-starter and be motivated to drive resolutions to problems and projects to conclusion with little direction.
BS in Operations/Logistics or similar degree; 2 - 5 years related experience.