Leads SAP planning function in plant accountable for planning/scheduling production, MRP/materials ordering, releasing schedules to production, and inventory control for raw materials and/or finished goods. Also helps coordinate the commercialization of new products/packaging. May have 1-3 direct reports to lead and supervise.
- Production Planning, Detailed Scheduling & Product Management. Maintain packaging and material /availability using SAP APO (or legacy system) in order to support the operational plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Master Data: maintain, monitor and revise essential system planning data to ensure SAP APO system effectively planning future requirements.
- Inventory management: maintain finished goods and material inventory levels within the parameter set by inventory policy; monitoring levels and continuously making adjustments to future production and purchases as necessary. Monitor "age of stock" reports to avoid risk of slow moving and obsolete product.
- Demand Forecasts: Review historical orders and utilize software tools in order support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant. Analyze and evaluate upstream processes to secure materials in order to reduce costs to the KO system.
- Data Integrity: Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Manage Raw Materials: Ensure that both raw materials and finished product meet customer specifications.
- Inventory Management: Maintain inventory levels or inventory by using various reports from suppliers, material usage reports and software (SAP) tools in order to prepare for anticipated demand and/or appropriately recommend cost-reducing inventory level actions to management.
- Supplier Demand Signals: Ensure that the SAP/MRP system creating demand signals sufficient to drive supplier production planning. Maintain tactical execution relationships with supplier production and distribution points sharing information regarding quality and delivery failures.
- New Items & Sunsets: Coordinate production planning and material requirements for all new product and package launches. Coordinate run-out of materials and/or ingredients for all package sunsets.
- People Management: Have people skills to coach and lead direct reports.
Bachelor Degree or APICS/CSMCP certification
Related Work Experience: At least 2 years
- Requirements Planning - ability to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business.
- Forecasting - Demand - knowledge of demand forecasting techniques and inputs (e.g. business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Master Data - Appreciation for the importance that master data plays in driving the MRP process. Must have ability to identify gaps in master data that are driving sub-optimal MRP results.
- Information Systems - Knowledge and use of existing KO Technical Information (e.g. SAP, Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync) to generate necessary data. Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the organization. Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/re-order levels.
- Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimized inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company's portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colajourney.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top