Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Employees may specialize in planning activities involving production control, inventory control, process control, or shop floor control / Material Resources Planning (MRP) integrity
- Maintains Oracle work order release schedule that provides material on-time to manufacturing and engineering. Reschedules and/or completes no-charge, all discrete jobs as required. Increases component availability at time of release by performing pre-shortage analysis. Performs work order variance analysis. May train lower level personnel.
- Reviews MRP execution and ensures accuracy of information; reconciles supply and demand; validates master scheduling and/or PDS requirements.
Works with buyers/planners to manage material affected by engineering change orders. Reviews and ensures proper disposition of Engineering Change Orders (ECO's). Performs regular system maintenance and audits to ensure system accuracy. Prepares status reports of all ECOs and ECRs in process.
- Participates in floor audits with Finance and resolves WIP issues. Audits WIP physical inventory issues. Attends production meetings and provides status on material shortage commit dates. Changes 'make' level lead times in accordance with reality on the manufacturing floor.
- Shop Floor Control / MRP Integrity - Pulls shop floor control reports for analysis; reports performance to fixed lead times, analyzes lead time performance and capacity with work centers; feeds back lead time and routing issues to SCP.
- Inventory Control - Analyzes usage data and stock levels to order parts to satisfy service levels; maintains inventory levels per plan and expedites shortages. Examines material variances, resolves problems where possible, and/or communicates more difficult problems to management. Sets up new inventory systems or modifies existing systems; assigns appropriate expediting duties to expediters.
- Process Control - Drives root cause and corrective action from PCI reporting and metrics, drives cycle counting; drives variance root cause and corrective action.
- May function as Training Focal - Certifies and re-certifies planning community on planning process; acts as trainer for Learning Labs.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.