Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Responsible for developing and implementing plans in the supply chain area (material procurement, forecasting, vendor selection and retention, expediting, analyzing and inventory management) for assigned hierarchies. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supplier management, purchasing, and coordination of material flow to meet customer requirements and profitability objectives
- Develop, monitor, and pursue tactical initiatives/projects with suppliers that meet corporate goals on inventory management
- Responsible for being the primary Operations lead for the introduction of product line extensions and new products for assigned materials
- Participates in the Aesculap M1-M5 process for new products, ownership of Operation's responsibilities of SAP product setups and support of initial stocking levels for assigned materials
- Participates in scheduled PAC meetings and reports to Operations leadership a scorecard of performance against tasks for an on-time and successful full product launch
- Participates in the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SI&OP) meetings for assigned materials
- Establishes, tracks and completes the SAP "load sheet process" for assigned materials
- Develops and summarizes forecasts of anticipated demand using historical data and sales trends, SBA business plans, sales and marketing forecasts, and customer projections for assigned products
- Reorder point (ROP) maintenance and analysis
- Input and maintenance of forecasts into SAP
- Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of product disposition for time-line to deplete the inventory and/or obsolescence of product being discontinued or phased-out
- Maintain purchasing information records (PIR) and material master (MM) in SAP
- Responsible for data integrity within SAP for assigned materials
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must stay up to date on company needs/goals, market conditions and trends, commodities, suppliers, quality, and service to support department and company financial and quality objectives as well as New Product Introductions (NPI) and SI&OP processes
- Occasional overtime or weekend work may be required based on business needs
- Understand the requirements for manufacturing and suppliers for medical device products
Supervisory Responsibilities: Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in supply chain, logistics, or operations management preferred
- Certification in APICS, ISM, or IBF preferred
- 2-5 years experience in supply chain management
- SAP experience (or comparable ERP system) and progressive supply chain management experience in Forecasting/Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sourcing, or Materials Management
- Knowledge of computerized forecasting, planning, and purchasing techniques
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including Excel and familiarity in macros and data warehouse usage
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.