Animas Corporation, a fully-integrated global company within the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is an innovator in insulin pump technology, with products such as the ground-breaking OneTouch Ping. The company is experiencing an unprecedented period of strong growth, outpacing the rapid market growth in the insulin delivery category. As part of the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Franchise, the company's mission is to create a world without limits for people with diabetes. Animas is dedicated to making diabetes management easier through product innovation, exceptional customer support and customized education programs. Our mission is to improve the lifestyle of our patients, reduce the long-term morbidity of the disease and lower healthcare costs.
The PlannerBuyer is fully responsible for the planning and purchasing of all raw material and printed material in support of Animas pump manufacturing as well as independent demand for parts that are distributed from the West Chester, PA facility.
Job Responsibilities: (List the task and functions that the employee will be responsible for)
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Collects information regarding raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Ensures that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements (confirm P.O.’s).
- Manages and/or maintains raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models.
- Assures accuracy of database of suppliers of products used in manufacturing process.
- Prepares orders to vendors as directed for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
- Inventories goods received and identify discrepancies in order quantity and price.
- Resolves invice queries.
- Checks scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries.
- In partnership with Source, tracks and reports site level supplier service performance, communicating the information to the relevant parties.
- Escalates issues and notifies appropriate personnel/management.
- Checks with warehouse and production regarding availability and movement of materials to detect shortages or overages.
- Liaises with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
- Interfaces with QA and warehouse staff regarding rejected/defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
- Supports process for timely closure of NC’s and PDR’s.
- Supports supplier or component S&OP as required.
- Supports and/or Identify Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Animas Corporation (6150)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.