Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
This position is responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of inventory planning policies for the 250+ US branches and sales force that services end customers.
- Manage $20M+ of the inventory investment of the Company's US branches to meet aggressive customer service and inventory performance targets.
- Build and maintain relationships with Branch Network, Sales, and Supply Chain partners to develop local strategies to serve customer demand, manage exceptions, recommend and execute solutions that meet customer needs, performance metric goals and support long-term supply chain objectives.
- Review and analyze significant amounts of planning data to perform gap analysis, identify root causes, recommend and implement supply chain planning enhancements.
- Create/prepare reports for leadership review and performance communication to business partners at all levels as appropriate.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of inventory policies and strategy for the branch network portion of the $1+ billion inventory investment. This position has a direct impact on customer satisfaction by ensuring high levels of product availability through inventory management and is directly responsible for meeting aggressive inventory productivity goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Mgmt, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field
- 2 to 4 years experience in logistics and/or forecasting
- Strong analytic fundamentals, proficiency in analyzing large data sets
- Understanding of key financial, customer service and supply chain metrics
- Project management, continuous improvement, and experience working with cross-functional partners a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; requires knowledge of downloading and uploading information via mainframe and PC systems
- Working knowledge of SAP Supply Chain Suite, particularly Advance Planning & Optimization a plus
Able to travel as required.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.