Planning & Analysis Systems Developer III (Job Number: 024176)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Leads in activities for writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the system solutions, products and programs. Developing software applications solutions for all or part of an assigned project. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs. These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Typically assigned to strategic/complex undertakings that require advanced in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short- and mid- term outcomes that impact the work of the assigned team. Job Responsibilities
- This position works on complex projects and leverages its knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets. This position may provide coaching to less experienced developer or review some aspects of their technical output
- Leads the daily work of the project team responsible for writing code and scripts for desired functionality of web-based software, products and programs
- Materially updates and develops new front-end applications and tools.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May develop the technical "vision" and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of Application Development experience working on complex projects.
- At least 2 years of experience with Planview administration.
- Knowledge of Planview architecture.
- At least 2 years of .NET Development experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with Sequential Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle databases.
- Experience with on-shore / off-shore resources management.
- At least 2 years of experience with SharePoint Development and Administration.
- Availability to provide 24x7 support, when necessary.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with software programming languages, coding standards.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Mathematics or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with software development practices.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.