Manager Planning & ConstructionOU Medical Center - Oklahoma City, OK
At OU Medicine, our mission is leading health care. Our vision is to be the premiere enterprise for advancing health care, medical education and research for the community, state and region. Through our combined efforts we strive to improve the lives of all people.
Develops and implements the strategic planning and execution of assigned hospital construction projects across the hospital system. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget. Utilizing a lean six sigma strategic approach, defines, measures, analyzes, improves, and controls continuous improvement outcomes on all assigned projects. Identifies opportunities and communicates recommended solutions appropriately with facility and system leaders. Follows company standard processes and utilizes standard tools to ensure consistency across the company. Collaborates with facility executives and department managers to continually improve results. Participates in annual budget process and implements revenue growth and expense reduction changes as needed. The position is also responsible for complying with all policy and procedures, managing resources, promoting teamwork and maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Education:
- Provides construction management including scheduling and financial management.
- Responsible for quality control and safety performance on assigned projects.
- Project engineering including following specifications, design adaptation to ensure design and specifications meet codes and specifications per associated authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Sub-contractor management for assigned projects.
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, documenting meeting minutes, maintaining project documentation and serving as liaison for all internal and external customers.
- Maintains associated infrastructure to ensure that accurate and current data are available for control measurements on all assigned projects.
- Continuously monitor performance using recognized tools and software.
- Researches and transfers best practices to support performance improvement throughout the department of planning and construction.
- Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across the system as appropriate.
- Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
- Participates in facility and system budget planning.
- Serve as resource for standard development.
- Provide weekly and monthly status updates on assigned projects.
- Identifies construction continuous improvement opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and system individuals.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction, or related field is required. Master's Degree optional. Experience:
Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience Certifications:
Project Management Professional (PMP) or ability to attain within 1 year of employment Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Construction Management including scheduling and financial management
- Project management software experience (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Broad based business acumen and understanding of operational and budgetary expectations of all hospital departments
- General financial analysis skills as demonstrated by such capabilities as evaluation of return on investment, pro-forma development, and other financial indicators
- Microsoft Office skills with heavy emphasis in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as Visio and Project
- Proficient in written and verbal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience with continuous improvement management systems required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom