Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products invented the first forged aluminum truck wheel in 1948-and by doing so, we created an entire industry. Seven decades later, we're proud to be the global market leader in the forged, aluminum heavy-duty truck wheel market, holding the number one position. We've helped customers around the world to increase payload while saving fuel and reducing maintenance by switching out heavy steel wheels for lightweight aluminum.
The Planning Specialist
will have a key role in the Supply Chain organization, with a focus on raw material supply. This incumbent will be the balance between supply and demand as well as the development of supply plans based on S&OP input.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Manage the overall raw material plan and design the strategy to maximize internal customer build-to-schedule (BTS) performance as well as optimize inventory investment;
- Own the related metrics for inventory, safety stock, and internal and 3rd party raw supply;
- Manage AWTP inventory position based on safety stocks and demand forecasts;
- Develop and implement tools to evaluate inventory levels and recommend strategies for AWTP;
- Develop and implement tools to perform strategic sourcing versus forging requirements;
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to Supply Network Planning and Management processes via Value Stream Mapping and other process improvement vehicles;
- On an on-going basis, review and adjust rolling 6 week raw material sourcing plans for four forging complexes;
- Participate in production management meetings with multi-functional teams representing forging operations;
- Serve as key driver and contact to both internal and 3rd party raw material sources;
- Develop and communicate daily schedules for the efficient distribution of raw material to the manufacturing flow-paths;
- Ensure raw material supply supports forging (BTS), communicate with and respond to manufacturing contacts to ensure support of optimized delivery performance;
- Participate in review change analyses to ensure raw material is available to support forecast changes.
- Develop and manage AWTP inventories based on inputs from Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning and Finance;
- Develop and implementing tools to help manage the supply and inventory management of raw material;
- Recommend raw material strategies for AWTP North America to ensure the efficient and effective utilization of forging assets to meet demand;
- Ensure reinforcement and consistency of defined processes, data integrity and effective information systems;
- Work for the whole of Arconic Wheel Products to implement supply planning process and develop and track metrics required to ensure effectiveness and efficiency;
- Work with information systems to design and implement the required tools to support the process;
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to Supply Network Planning and Management processes via Value Stream Mapping and other process improvement vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 2 years of supply chain planning experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain OR Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution;
- Possess APICS certification;
- Experience working in a team environment, on projects and applying organization specific know-how to achieve key operating results;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing flow-paths, capacity management, supply chain planning processes and tools and the desire to contribute to the implementation of a world class planning process that results in improved service, lower costs and optimized inventory.