Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring Production Operations Coordinator in Lynwood/Los Angeles, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Plant Administrative Coordinator!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. JOB SUMMARY:
Provides administrative support to plant operations. Perform complex work assignments that may require advanced skills. This position will support multiple areas, including production, distribution and maintenance, etc. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately selects and enters orders
- Collect and enter driver delivery tickets
- Prepares drivers' in-boxes for the next day deliveries
- File drivers' manifests, vehicle inspection reports as well as other miscellaneous documentation
- Separates original invoices from file copy; organize by account number; add and balance with the tape; and date stamp
- Prepares charge invoices. Separates original and file copy, then codes invoices for selecting
- Answer telephone and give information to callers or routes call to appropriate person
- Provide consistent professional customer service to customers and associates
- Route incoming mail and inter-office correspondence to the appropriate person
- Collect all weekly time cards/ time sheets and verify correct times and submit to payroll
- Help log and track department personnel calendar (TAFW and vacation schedules)
- Maintain database of customers and facilities
- Computer entry for purchasing, receiving, and POs
- Help set up accounts for customers
- Maintain safe record keeping for all files
- Coordinate UPS/FedEx deliveries and pick ups to/from warehouse
- Order and replenish office supplies as needed
- Attend company safety meetings
- Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent needed. College degree a plus
- Two (2) years prior experience in related field
- Knowledge of welding and/or industrial gases and welding supplies extremely helpful
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel - strong data entry and report generation
- Knowledge of ERP system helpful, SAP experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Able to interact with customers and associates in a professional, respectful and courteous manner
- Possess a professional phone demeanor
- Must be customer service oriented
- Have excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Working experience with general office equipment (phone, fax, copier, scanner, etc)
- Ability to trouble-shoot, solve practical problems and resolve problems independently
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task simultaneously
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.