Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
The Nor Pac Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Oregon, Washington, and Alaska) is currently seeking a Plant Administrator
to work out of our Anchorage, Alaska
office. JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides administrative support for Plant/Facility Manager and assists Manager in meeting Health, Safety and Environmental requirements. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
• Maintains facility files.
• Greets and directs visitors, handles phone coverage.
• Processes daily paperwork and reports as required.
• Cylinder invoicing, transferring, manifesting, ordering and inventory adjustments
• Production record review
• Daily input of production data for the Anchorage and Palmer plants
• Daily input of bulk products received
• Backorder tracking
• Prepares monthly reports and submits to appropriate departments.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Maintains office equipment and supplies.
• Assists Manager in Meeting Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
• Works safely and complies with company safety standards.
• Schedules physicals, such as hearing and respiratory exams and drug tests, as required by federal regulatory agencies.
• Helps prepare annual state and federal compliance reports.
• Ensures confidentiality and uses discretion in work-related matters.
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism in all activities.
• Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Statement of Ethics
• Knowledge of organizational structure.
• Other Duties as Required:
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- High school diploma, or equivalent and 5 years equivalent experience. Two-year college degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift 51-80 pounds
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer, and extract information on orders
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Experience in supporting a group of people in an industrial facility and handling multiple tasks.
- Experience with OSHA, FDA, DOT and EPA regulations and state and local requirements (where applicable).
- Strong clerical and organizational skills with working knowledge of PC, Microsoft Office package, etc., and the Internet, as required.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.