Under direction of the Purchasing Sourcing Manager and senior buyers, procures assigned materials, components, supplies, equipment and services that meet the operation's requirements for quality, delivery, price, terms, lead times, and inventory levels.
1. Procures materials to meet the goals of JCI regarding inventory turns, cost, quality, and customer requirements.
2. Supports senior buyers and Plant Sourcing Manager on procurement issues, i.e. invoice and receipt discrepancies, expediting orders.
3. Assists in the supplier qualification process, per the JCI ISO Supplier Selection Procedure, and supports cross-functional teams in auditing/qualifying new sources of supply including vendor set-up.
4. Places purchase orders and communicates blanket order/ master scheduling/ forecasting requirements to suppliers.
5. Determines supplier lead times for purchasing components.
6. Partners with engineering in the new product development initiatives ensuring a thorough understanding of product specifications.
7. Supports commodity cost reduction, lead time reduction and supplier consolidation projects.
8. Supports inventory management programs with supply base that includes vendor stocking, consignment, vendor-managed inventory, etc.
9. Supports company goals for minority owned and small disadvantaged business suppliers.
10. Partners with the Planning team by identifying at risk materials in order to prevent shortages on the shop floor.
11. Maintains data integrity of ERP system including Item Master attributes and purchasing activities.
12. Provides assistance to the materials group in expediting and de-expediting purchase order releases.
13. Assists quality department in resolving supplier quality issues. Resolves rejected purchased materials with the processing of debit memos.
14. Performs special projects and related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience.
2. Two to five years of experience in purchasing or production and inventory control.
3. Good communication skills both written and verbal.
4. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
5. Negotiation skills required.
6. Proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
7. Experience in a team environment desirable.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the
future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global
team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected,
buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about
improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold
ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You
need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Opportunity & Non-Discrimination - Johnson
Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a
qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by
law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and
non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law (supplement) , and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.