What you will do
Under the general direction of the purchasing manager or materials manager, procures assigned materials, components, supplies, equipment and services that meet the operation's requirements for quality, delivery, price, terms, lead times, and inventory levels.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Supports senior buyers and purchasing manager on procurement issues, i.e. invoice and receipt discrepancies, expediting orders.
2. Procures materials to meet the goals of JCI regarding inventory turns, cost, quality, and customer requirements.
3. Assists in the supplier qualification process, per the JCI ISO Supplier Selection Procedure, and supports cross-functional teams in auditing/qualifying new sources of supply.
4. Places purchase orders and communicates blanket order/ master scheduling/ forecasting requirements to suppliers.
5. Determines most economical lot size and supplier lead times for purchasing components.
6. Conducts quoting activities to ensure best total cost for assigned commodities.
7. Supports commodity cost reduction, lead time reduction and supplier consolidation projects.
8. Supports inventory management programs with supply base that includes vendor stocking, consignment, vendor-managed inventory, etc.
9. Supports company goals for minority owned and small disadvantaged business suppliers.
10. Maintains data integrity of Deltek Costpoint.
11. Provides assistance to the materials group in expediting and de-expediting purchase and manufacturing order releases.
12. Sets standard cost on assigned commodities.
13. Supports contract administration for standard products.
14. Assists quality department in resolving supplier quality issues. Provides assistance to quality group in expediting and de-expediting as needed.
15. Performs special projects and related duties as assigned.
16. Reconciles differences in price, quantity, or specifications that may develop on invoices.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience.
2. Five years experience in purchasing and planning, preferably in a production or manufacturing environment.
3. Good communication skills both written and verbal.
4. Proficient computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
5. U.S. citizenship required. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Material Requirements Planning (MRP) experience
2. Experience with the release of manufacturing orders through formal MRP systems
3. Rough cut capacity planning experience
4. Experience working with Engineering Change Notices (ECN) highly preferred
5. Experience supporting machining, fabrication, welding or assembly related work
6. Government contracting experience
7. Experience working with Deltek Costpoint, preferably with the MRP materials module
8. Negotiation skills
9. Experience in a team environment desirable.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.