At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Chemist for the Safety and Graphics Business Group (SGBG) located in Brownwood, TX. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Plant Chemist will assume responsibility for the analytical laboratory that supports everything in the plant from incoming RMs to the investigation of products manufactured in the Brownwood, TX facility. The chosen candidate should have an analytical focus with excellent problem solving skills and an abundance of scientific curiosity. This position provides significant opportunity for growth and development.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leadership of the plant's chemistry lab.
- Operating and maintaining a variety of analytical instruments including, but not limited to, gas chromatograph, autotitrator, particle sizer, optical microscopes, and FTIR spectrometer.
- Preparing samples and standards using good laboratory technique.
- Developing methods when needed to solve a specific product defect or production need.
- Testing raw materials for release, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Using sound statistical evaluation of data generated and uses complementary techniques to strengthen data when needed.
- Drawing conclusions based on valid data that is able to stand up to questioning.
- Writing well written, concise technical reports.
- Engaging with production operators and engineers to understand manufacturing processes and the connection of those processes to lab measurements.
- Maintaining compliance (calibration) of test equipment and recommend upgrades or acquisition of new equipment, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years' combined experience in a chemist and/or laboratory environment
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry from an accredited institution
- Experience using analytical equipment such as gas chromatography, infrared spectroscopy, titrations, and microscopy
- Experience with sample preparation techniques and basic lab skills
- Excel (including performing calculations), PowerPoint, Word, Email, commercial instrumentation control software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive projects to completion
- Statistical data analysis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience in solving problems with analytical measurements
: Brownwood, TXTravel:
May include up to 15% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.