The Controller oversees all accounting activities: including accounts payable, billing, inventory valuation, inventory control, budgeting and financial reporting/analysis. The Controller also manages their company’s financial and administrative functions in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles and RR Donnelley’s policies & procedures. The Controller is their president’s “Trusted Business Advisor” and is the Company’s “Financial Conscience.”
- Attends regular managers’ meetings (such as daily production or periodic sales meetings) and participates in the overall management of the organization.
- Implements RRD’s policies and procedures along with appropriate internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of assets and accuracy of financial information. Reports any fraud or illegal acts to Finance Director and Corporate as appropriate. Champions the effective operation of strong internal controls. This includes compliance with and adherence to controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404.
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates financial management information (including production and accounting systems) and takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of all accounting records, computer programs & company records.
- Provides appropriate financial operating information to related departmental managers, including working capital, sales, production, and profitability reporting in order to enable them to establish effective goals and monitor their department’s operating performance.
- Prepares monthly forecasting and annual budgets for their company as directed.
- Ensures that accounting or administrative personnel supervised by the Controller have current job descriptions, are appropriately trained, and have performance appraisals conducted in a timely, uniform, and effective manner.
- Ensures the accounting records underlying the financial statements accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the company.
- Prepares financial statements and monthly reporting package for Corporate Accounting and provides support for variance analysis and auditor questions as necessary. Meets appropriate deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Performs appropriate financial analysis and prepares regular and ad hoc reports about company financial status as directed by the company president or corporate personnel.
- Understands risk management program, including types of business insurance coverage. Also identifies and coordinates any business insurance claims.
- Reviews / approves G/L Balance Sheet account reconciliations prepared by accounting staff and provides such information to corporate accounting personnel on a timely basis.
- Prepares / reviews analysis for investment in new equipment or disposition of idle/obsolete equipment as directed by company president, and in accordance with RRD PAR policy.
- Ensures the billing process is completed on a timely, accurate basis in accordance with RRD’s revenue recognition policies.
- Oversees monthly physical inventory counts and is responsible for tracking/valuing all materials, work in progress, and finished goods at month end. Performs and documents review of inventory obsolescence in accordance with RRD policy.
- Demonstrates an interest in, and develops an appropriate understanding of, the printing industry, our business strategies, and primary business processes.
- Manages time effectively, communicates well with others, exhibits a positive attitude and a team-oriented spirit, and strives to continuously improve business processes and contribute to the company’s overall success.
RR Donnelley will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.