• Under general direction and in conformance with Corporate and Division Policies and procedures, directs the financial control and accounting activities of the plant to assure accurate and timely preparation, recording, transmissions, analysis and communication of data necessary to control operations and achieve objectives.
• Provides analysis, counsel, advice and recommendations to help plant management make operating decisions to reduce costs, improve profits and return on investment and to achieve goals and plans.
• Ensure the integrity of the financial information generated at the plant.
• Implement consistency and process improvements at the plant.
• Spread financial knowledge to other members of the operations team
• Responsible for performing all month-end close procedures and preparing monthly financial results, including loading key metrics.
• Prepares periodic financial control reports such as inventory reports, scrap accounting, etc to help monitor plant performance.
• Prepares annual budgets and cost projections, quarterly forecasts and ad hoc outlooks/firm-ups, including the loading of all data and key metrics into HFM as required.
• Establishes and maintains all plant level inventory accounting controls and develops special programs such as daily reporting on an exception basis to correct problem situations.
• Serves as the finance coordinator responsible for physical inventories. Analyzes reports for variance problems, physical to book inventory variations, and takes corrective action. Advises and assists responsible line supervision to achieve desired results.
• Assist in preparation/review of CAR financial justifications for plant capital projects. Track capital project spending, timing and cost impact against project plan, forecasts and budget to understand and report variances. Work with project managers to assure timely capitalization of equipment placed in use. Assist/perform sample CAR post audits to verify savings. Coordinates periodic fixed asset physical inventory per company policies.
• Performs balance sheet reconciliations for all assigned accounts.
• Reviews payroll analysis weekly and ensure applicable payroll controls are in place.
• Ensure adherence to Corporate and Divisional accounting/internal control procedures, SOX compliance and reporting requirements for plant.
• Analyzes plant operating costs in detail and partner with plant operation leaders to develop actions to increase profitability and enhance long-term return on investment.
• Assists corporate and divisional systems personnel in the implementation and continued reliability of plant IT systems. Directs the scheduling and operation of remote data processing equipment. Prepares requests and recommendations for systems/programming changes to meet needs and conditions.
• Performs special studies and analyses at request of plant or division management.
• Responsible for fostering effective employee relations.
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Education and Professional Knowledge:
• Bachelor's Degree required. Major in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, with previous controller experience required
• Microsoft suite, HFM - Hyperion Financial Management preferred, SAP helpful.
• Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required.
• Outstanding ability to communicate, motivate and partner with business operation leaders
NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions.
This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional plant specific environmental management system requirements (see the plant's ISO 14001 EMP).
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.