The Plant Controls Specialist maintains and troubleshoots production equipment from various suppliers. This position identifies and prioritizes controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility. Position develops and maintains electrical and controls system documentation.
- Execute projects involving PLC 5, SLC 500, Controls Logix, Panel View Plus, various VFDs, and iFix
- Provide the proper training in Controls and Electricity to the Maintenance Technicians for the purpose of minimizing the production down time. - Configure and maintain industrial networks such as Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet and Remote I/O.
- Develop routines and SOPs to properly maintain the controls assets.
- Identify and prioritize controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility.
- Help the NABU Controls Engineering Group with the installation of the Line Information System.
- Plan and execute projects in a manner which minimizes downtime.
- Develop and maintain electrical and controls system documentation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot production equipment from various suppliers.
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them. - Develop control software to achieve the balance between mechanical and controls changes to effectively handle all containers. - Maintain Allen Bradley hardware and software: PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Networks and various electrical systems.
- Be part of the team that supervises the electrical installation /integration of equipment and controls.
- Follow the CCR Controls and Electrical Specifications.
- Work with the CCR Controls Engineering Group for the following purposes: Improve the designs / programs begun by others. Implement and propose improvements to the CCR Controls and Electrical Specifications.
-Suggest which controls projects to be handled by CCR Controls Engineering Group and which by the Plant Controls Specialist. Foundation Skills: Speaking/Presenting
- Present complex technical problems in a simple way.
- Use exception reporting to keep the manager informed. Collaborating
- Work well in cooperation with others to achieve measurable results in time allocated or less.
- Thinking Analytically
- Concentrate on analyzing essential facts and be very methodical in solving problems.
- Experience working with valves
Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. Thinking Creatively - Be able to develop creative solutions to challenging problems and be receptive to new ideas. Prioritizing - Identify the most critical work that needs to be done. Coordinate and organize resources and people in effective ways to accomplish short, medium and long terms goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Required - Minimum 6 years of working experience in industrial environments and a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or minimum 10 years of work experience in industrial environments without college degree. Preferred - Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. - Minimum 12 years of work experience in industrial environments without college degree. - Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus, and Ethernet). - Experience with various Human Machine Interfaces.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.