The Plant Controls Specialist III oversees Automation department associates, directs a variety of equipment vendors, develops and maintains the CCR Controls and Electrical Specifications. This position provides leadership and training for the Plant Automation and Maintenance associates. This position requires the ability to manage and precisely execute Automation, IT and Instrumentation systems found in the facility.
- Provide Supervision and leadership to Automation technicians, Maintenance associates and Instrumentation/controls technicians
- Ensure associate engagement and development programs are in place
- Hire/onboard/assess/coach new associates in support of department staffing
- Ability to create associate developmental plans, identify departmental needs, communicate clearly and effectively business needs
- Enable interdepartmental communications between all maintenance associates and Business Unit Managers
- Develop plant and asses resources and training in the area of controls and electrical troubleshooting
- Work with suppliers to ensure the proper interfaces between systems
- Manage backup and disaster recovery programs
- Compare, qualify, select and integrate technologies (hardware and software) from various controls / electrical suppliers
- Identify and prioritize controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance
- Stay abreast of the emerging technologies, innovate, develop and document electrical and controls
- Support Management of Change MOC investigations
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them
- Manage Shop Floor Industrial Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, ProfiBUS, ASI and Ethernet)
- Manage Shop Floor Servers, Routers and Switches
- Maintain applications using Intellution - Ifix, Zenon and RSView Visualization.
- Maintenance of Electrical power distribution systems, and motor controls.
- Maintenance of Robotic cells ( KUKA and Fanuc)
- Maintain process documentation ( P+ID, Ladder, CAD drawings)
- Familiar with CMMS software ( MAXIMO , SAP
- Possess an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Various administrative duties (Scheduling, Payroll, Audit support, Failure investigations)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in industrial environments and a Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Proficiency in PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens and B&R) , VFDs (AB, SQ D), Servo's (AB, Elau, Fuji, Rexroth...), HMIs ( AB,Zenon, Ifix) and Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, ProfiBUS, ASI and Ethernet).
- Proficiency in IT device configuration and Maintenance.
- Potential travel less than 20% of the time.
- Microsoft, ISA certifications preferred.
- Familiar with NFPA 70 e, NEC, OSHA programs and industrial safety practices.
- Working Knowledge of Robotics (Kuka, Fanuc)
- This position reports to the Automation manager.
- This position interacts with all hourly associates, vendors, Plant management, Corporate Engineering.
- Speaking/Presenting - Present complex technical problems in a simple way. Use exception reporting to keep the manager informed.
- Collaborating - Work well in cooperation with others to achieve measurable results in time allocated or less.
- Thinking Analytically - Concentrate on analyzing essential facts and be very methodical in solving problems.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Thinking Creatively - Be able to develop creative solutions to challenging problems and be receptive to new ideas.
- Prioritizing - Identify the most critical work that needs to be done. Coordinate and organize resources and people in effective ways to accomplish short, medium and long terms goals.
o DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
o COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
o ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
o INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
o DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top