Plant Electrical Engineer What you will do
Using Six Sigma methodology, leads large projects and cross-functional project teams to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established to drive out waste and increase production. This role is expected to lead change in a very dynamic manufacturing environment by driving process improvements through to completion. You must be a self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement and building a good working relationship with employees.
You will report the Continuous Improvement manager and work with fellow Engineers and black belts to reach corporate and plant savings goals. How you will do it
As a plant Electrical Engineer you will be required to lead projects, getting machine operators, supervisors and management involved and report out progress to the plant management team and corporate stake holders.
Success in this role will show leadership on multiple projects through to completion, meeting plant Key Performance Indicator goals. Primary Duties
What we look for Required
- Leads cross-functional teams to drive Breakthrough/Best-In-Class Performance improvement on large projects that involve Divisional related opportunities and requires a broad knowledge of various business functions.
- Able to "Identify/Recognize/Define projects and write Statements of Work for other Green Belts and Black Belts.
- Leads a portfolio of projects that have significant economic impact on the business objectives.
- Leads project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels at least on a monthly basis.
- Seeks out and secures team members and their participation on projects.
- Identifies barriers to project success and leads efforts to eliminate the barriers.
- Provides Six Sigma training to project team members, process owners, and Champions.
- Mentors and coaches Green Belts.
- Prepares detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals for individual projects as well as other Green Belt projects.
- Documents improvement process learning and champions best practices with other black Belts via the Lessons Learned document system.
- Directs implementation of process changes, and installation of any new equipment.
- Corroborates with plant Safety, Environmental, Quality, and manufacturing personnel to ensure that manufacturing and facility processes and equipment produce a product that meets all Safety, Environmental, Quality and Engineering standards.
- Elimination of reoccurring downtime through engineering changes and improvements.
- Daily interaction with manufacturing employees, maintenance employees and leadership team in understanding plant focus and barriers to performance.
- May be required to work other shifts as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in PLC , HMI Programming / troubleshooting AB and Siemens
- Previous experience (RSView, Panelbuilder, RS Logix500, RS Logix5000)
- 5+ years of experience as an electrical engineer in a plant manufacturing environment
Who we are
- Robotic Programming
- Experience with Servo and motion control systems
- Networking and Server Experience (Indusoft, Bizware)
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office, Lotus notes, Minitab
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you. Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination
- Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law (supplement) , and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.