This Engineering Professional position is for an Engineering Specialist I role that will be assigned as a Plant Engineer, supporting Praxair’s North American Industrial Gases (NAIG) Hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide (HyCO) production facility in the Texas City Enclave.
The successful candidate will report to the Texas Gulf Coast Technical Manager and work closely with the facility manager and staff to solve technical problems, deliver productivity savings, and sustain safe, reliable, low cost production operations.
The Plant Engineer’s Responsibilities include:
- Process safety stewardship in all aspects; change management, hazard analysis and abnormal situation management, etc.
- Mentor and support in the development of the POx Facility operations and maintenance personnel.
- Delivery and support of cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets
- Providing technical support to plant operations, and the maintenance and shutdown organizations in the optimization of plant operations
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and small project execution.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- 3 years of related experience in plant operations or construction
Other Requirements Include:
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
- Able to travel outside the Texas City Enclave up to 10% of the time.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.