Plant Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posted: December 20, 2017
Reference ID: 16256
• Supports and complies with all safety, health, and environmental procedures directed by local and corporate personnel and safety departments.
• Supports and complies with all process safety management and risk management plan practices.
• Supports operation permit reporting and monitoring requirements, in compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
• Define, design, specify, control costs and implement projects generated by a technical problem or unique customer or field production requirement to improve safety, reliability, or efficiency.
- Designs plant processes consisting of instruments, controls, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems, utilizing and applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Recommends changes in process to effect greatest economy in production methods and material cost.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate malfunctions and improve efficiency.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units under operational conditions and analyzes test results in relation to design specifications, modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
• Plans utilization of production facilities to improve efficiency of operations.
• Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
• Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and development in industry.
• Provides technical support for plant production and maintenance as required.
• Makes report of plant engineering activities to Plant Manager.
• May perform special tasks as requested by Plant Manager and Corporate officials.
• Provides on-call assistance to plant personnel.
• Supports all personnel policies directed by local and corporate personnel.
• Supports plant DCS system.
• Develops economic cost justification for capital improvements.
• Knowledge of process safety management practices.
• Problem solving ability necessary to define, design, specify, control costs and implement projects generated by a technical problem or unique customer or field production requirement.
• Interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with service personnel, customers, and external contractors.
• Advanced analytical ability and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to create and utilize advanced computer models
• Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or a technical degree.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a plant environment.
• Working knowledge of the industrial gases industry, products, and customers.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability