What you will do
The Solutions Development Leader, Energy and Ops P3 position is part of our Building Technologies and Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our growth we are adding this position to our team. This is a virtual position, but must be able to travel to customer sites as needed.
When you combine the expertise of one of the world's largest facility service companies with global leadership in energy efficiency solutions, you have a company that truly understands the meaning of building efficiency. Leveraging more than 125 years in the building efficiency business and decades of innovation in asset management, Johnson Controls understands the technologies, training and expertise needed to maximize building efficiency at every stage of a building's lifecycle. We continue to prove to our customers and consortium partners that we have the proven ability to integrate building technologies into the base design to maximize overall operational efficiency. Additionally, we provide a sustainable facility management plan that promotes productivity and achieves overall building efficiency and sustainability. These attributes are essential to achieve our goals of reducing the overall cost of ownership which drive success in a Public-Private Partnership (P3) project.
Having developed an industry-leading track record of successful pursuit and execution of P3 projects throughout North America, we are looking to expand our Pursuit team with individuals with the requisite skills, experience and temperament who want to grow along with an industry leader. How you will do it
Under minimal direction, develops conceptual technical and operational solutions for P3 projects based on the customer requirements, project team design, energy and FM requirements and JCI pursuit team direction and strategies. Able to provide design-assist input from a facility lifecycle perspective which results in greater system efficiency and lowest overall production cost. Manages the development of a compelling business case for the proposed scope of work. Leads and manages the development of larger, complex and strategic projects from inception through Financial Close. Responsible for generating and managing a development budget and timeline.
Preferred candidate will have a solid understanding of facility design, construction and operations in order to structure solutions that meet technical and operational requirements at the lowest life-cycle cost. The ideal candidate is active in industry associations such as BOMA and IFMA and actively participates in promoting the marketplace. Applicants with exceptional experience in any one of the categories may be considered for this position.
Project scopes will generally include
- Chilled water plants between 2,000 and 10,000 tons
- Heating water plants between 10 and 50 MMBtu/H
- Steam systems between 10 and 50 MMBtu/H
- Combustion turbines and HRSGs greater than 10 MW
- Back pressure steam turbine generators
- Natural gas fueled reciprocating engine generators less than 5 MW
Has an understanding of JCI capabilities (e.g., energy management, operations & maintenance, building automation systems, security, fire systems, building-wide system integration, services, finance, etc.) and is able to apply these technologies and services in a cost effective solution to comply with customer requirements. Must also have demonstrated ability to lead this process, engage other needed resources internally or externally and assist in presenting the final solution in accordance with the governance protocol.
- Assists Business Development Directors (BDDs) in the process of Targeting and Qualifying market segments as well as specific opportunities.
- On assigned Central Utility Plant P3 projects, works with internal and external technical teams to influence design in order to optimize Construction, FM, Life-cycle & Energy requirements. Drives optimization of building systems and equipment design and works with D&C team to develop energy use and cost strategy to arrive to lowest NPV.
- Leads team of subject matter experts and strategic partners to prepare detailed operations plan, staffing structure and cost estimates for O&M services, lifecycle maintenance and transition services for submittal as the final solution to the client RFP.
- Provides technical and operational input to and coordination of legal agreements and contracts associated with services provided.
- Attends project team design team meetings and represents JCI in a professional and collaborative manner to review and influence design in relation to suitability with Facility Management requirements.
- Works with O&M team on Operational and Lifecycle costing strategies. Provides specification insight, benchmarking, risk mitigation strategies and best practices from other similar facilities.
- Participates and presents at Bi-lateral meetings/presentations with Customers and Owners team including: Design Presentation Meetings and Commercially Confidential Meetings.
- Prepares strategic or clarifying requests for information in the areas of facility management, technology and scope of services.
- Assists Sales as needed in preparing and presenting the evolving project details in internal management reviews throughout the procurement process.
- Ensures a smooth transfer of knowledge to the members of the Transition team after Financial Close.
- Participates in appropriate professional organizations and builds relationships within the P3 industry.
- Leads or participates in other duties as assigned.
Provides leadership for the development of solutions in the P3 Market. What we look for
Bachelor's degree in engineering, or a related field, MBA desirable. Requires 10+ years of engineering, energy management, construction, and/or facility operations, with excellent knowledge of building-related systems and services.
Demonstrated experience in Facility Management, O&M leadership, building design and construction with the skills and comfort level to influence other members on a Design Build team. Possesses strong project management skills for managing large development projects with diverse resources. Excellent presentation and communication skills required. Strong conceptual skills required for developing innovative solution designs. Has excellent customer-facing skills and is comfortable presenting at the C-level.
Strong team leader, able to quickly assemble and manage a solution development team as required. Has excellent business analysis skills used to create compelling business cases. Possesses solid working knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.). Ability to travel up to 30%.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .