At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Mechanical Tech for the manufacturing facility located in Prairie du Chien, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Mechanical Tech
will be responsible for providing mechanical expertise to maintain and repair the site's PIV/fork trucks and batteries. Additionally, will be responsible for safe install, maintain, move, replace, modify, troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in all areas of the plant. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require: This position may require:
- Troubleshoot/repair PIV/fork trucks and batteries
- Fabricate, assemble and optimize new and existing equipment
- Troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment and components, hydraulic/pneumatic equipment, electrical equipment, web handling systems, pumps, etc.
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Possess a two (2) year Technical Degree or diploma in the field of mechanics or higher
- Previous PIV/fork truck maintenance experience
- Previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance type of setting
- Experience fabricating, assembling and optimizing new and existing equipment
- Computer aptitude and ability to enter required data into required systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain current license for PIV, fork trucks and lifts
: Prairie du Chien WIRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.