At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Mechanical Technician for the C3SD located in Brookings, SD. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The Plant Engineering Mechanical Technician will be responsible for maintenance of production converting, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require working:
- Troubleshoot/Repair mechanical equipment and components to include bearings, bushings, gear boxes, transmissions, motors, conveyor belts, pump seals, brakes, clutches, and drives
- Troubleshoot/Repair pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Perform basic machining using precision measuring equipment
- Troubleshoot/Repair web handling systems and web steering systems
- Maintain and repair vacuum, hydraulic, chemical feed, centrifugal, gear, vane, auger, screw, and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
- Repair and replace piping, tubing and associated fittings
- Perform millwright tasks to include maintenance of lifting and hoist equipment and leveling/tramming of rollers
- Perform welding and fabrication tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance on production, material handling, safety devices and plant utility equipment
- rotating shifts
- on holidays as needed
- Possess, or in the last 12 months of pursing, a two year Associates degree in a maintenance field OR possess a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in Electro-Mechanics, Fluid Power, Machinist, Automotive, or Diesel Mechanic
- Associate's degree in a Technical discipline such as Electro-Mechanics, Fluid Power, or Machinist
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair tools and equipment
: Brookings, SDRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Brookings, a community of 23,773, is located in eastern South Dakota along Interstate 29, just one hour north of the state's largest city - Sioux Falls. Brookings is a safe, family-friendly, vibrant, thriving community with many amenities you would find in a much larger city, but with a small-town feel. Residents enjoy the tree-lined streets, leisurely pace of living, a short commute time and a variety of career opportunities in a growing job market. Division I South Dakota State University creates a youthful and energetic atmosphere and provides residents with a multitude of athletic, cultural, educational and recreational activities. The top-ranked Brookings School District offers small classroom sizes and highly qualified, experienced teachers. The city boasts an abundance of attractions and activities such as the Children's Museum of S.D., Dakota Nature Park, S.D. Art Museum, McCrory Gardens, S.D. Ag Heritage Museum, Outdoor Adventure Center of S.D., Downtown @ Sundown, and the Brookings Summer Arts Festival. Brookings is consistently ranked as a top place to live. Recent accolades include: #1 Best Place to Live in S.D., #25 Best City for Entrepreneurs, #2 Best School District in S.D., Top 10 Best Small Towns in America, Safest College Town in America, and the Top 25 Safest Cities in America. Learn more about Brookings by visiting www.LiveInBrookings.com . Bring Your Dreams!
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.