At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Supervisor for the Commercial Solutions Division Plant located in Nevada, MO. Here, you go.Job Summary
The position of Plant Engineering Supervisor
will provide supervision and technical direction to craftspeople in multiple crafts for performance of maintenance tasks on machines, systems, or facilities to maximize reliability and runtime of operations.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate safety principles and regulations to all subordinates, and monitor operations for compliance, to stress safety (of employees, the environment and the physical plant) as a primary objective at all times.
- Schedule, assign, and direct craftspeople in performance of tasks for maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor progress and evaluate completed assignments to confirm use of correct procedures and to evaluate quality of work.
- Provide technical direction to craftspeople and assist in diagnosing equipment problems as required.
- Participate in the selection of new employees.
- Train craftspeople in job requirements and basic technical skills, and recommend training programs as needed to develop and maintain capabilities of work force.
- Identify requirements and assure timely availability of tools, supplies and parts for projects and ongoing work of unit.
- Coordinate work schedules with appropriate production units and other Plant Engineering units to expedite work, minimize interruptions in production, and assure effective utilization of work force.
- Ensure appropriate use of CMMS/SAM (maintenance management system) and/or other computerized maintenance records.
- Complete administrative forms and reports to provide necessary, significant, and appropriate information relating to maintenance tasks and personnel actions.
- Implement appropriate Preventive Maintenance programs, and monitor ongoing performance, to maximize reliability and runtime of equipment.
- Evaluate equipment and maintenance history to determine and establish appropriate Preventive Maintenance requirements, and/or to recommend Predictive Maintenance programs for optimizing effectiveness of maintenance procedures and maximizing
- Direct, monitor, evaluate and determine acceptability of work performed by outside contractors for projects in area of responsibility and/or as assigned.
- Participate with Plant Engineering, Engineering, and Production supervision to plan installation and/or modification of production equipment.
- Acquire appropriate maintenance and troubleshooting documentation to assure effective and consistent procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Assure that employees are treated fairly and with dignity to provide a harmonious and productive working environment and to enhance work force effectiveness.
- Provides direction and supervision of direct reports using principal based leadership strategies. Responsible for performance management of the maintenance team.
- Additional accountabilities as assigned by General Supervisor, Plant Engineering or Plant Engineering Manager.
- Positive support of all safety and quality programs.
- Participation in task forces and other special assignments.
- Participation in training programs for continuing personal development in chosen 3M-career path.
- Positive support of all company, division and department productivity and quality programs.
- Compliance with all laws, regulations, company policies and rules, and moral and ethical standards of behavior.
- Willingness to accept varying assignments or tasks to contribute to the effectiveness of the organization.
- Willingness to be on-call
- Associate's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined maintenance craft experience working in a manufacturing, government and/or military environment
- Associate's Degree in an Industrial Maintenance-related technical field OR Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Supervisory experience (ideally Plant Engineering personnel or similar disciplines)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Microsoft Office proficient, SAP-PM a plus
Location: Nevada, MO
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.