At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Supervisor for the Industrial Minerals Division located in Wausau, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Supervisor will provide supervisory support for the 3M Wausau operation. This employee will be responsible for Safety, Quality, Service, Cost and Employee Engagement improvements. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position may require working swing shifts and extended hours Basic Qualifications:
- Provide direct supervision to union employees
- Ensure a safe working environment through modeling safe behaviors, leading audits / inspections, correcting unsafe behaviors, conducting safety meetings, and utilizing proper work methods, procedures and equipment
- Model Leadership Based Behaviors and drive behavioral improvement in union employees
- Support the improvements in process OEE.
- Inspire integrity by upholding and complying with 3M policies and guidelines
- Provide leadership for assigned operations by fostering cross-functional teamwork and communicating goals of the organization to employees
- Complete administrative activities such as time / absence reporting, attendance control, vacation planning, overtime, and etc.
- Coordinate daily work schedules, allocate work assignments, and regulate maintenance activities to meet specific daily production requirements
- Evaluate employee performance and provide necessary coaching, feedback and disciplinary action
- Drive continuous improvement using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Provide basic troubleshooting of equipment and quality issues
- High School diploma / GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in a manufacturing environment and/or supporting manufacturing operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to create, lead, and work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to drive and influence positive change
Wausau, WI Travel:
May include up to 5% domesticRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.