At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:This is a rotating shift opportunity to support a 24/7/365 location.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Technician will work with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, machining/millwright, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.Primary Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Troubleshooting and performing routine preventive and corrective maintenance on the following:
- Industrial manufacturing equipment
- Facility equipment such as programmable logic controllers, drives, motors, pumps, overhead hoist, boilers, compressors, rotary equipment, air handlers, plant process and support equipment.
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working short notice call-in
- Working rotating shifts
- Working on-call as needed
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a two (2) year technical degree or diploma OR three (3) years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- Associate's degree or two (2) year technical degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with PLC programming
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Experience working with industrial lasers
- Experience with Gravure press/printing equipment
- Minimum five (5) years experience repairing machinery in an industrial maintenance environment
- Machining and millwright experience
- Experience operating, maintaining, and repairing tools and equipment
- Possess a welding certificate from an accredited institution
- Experience working in a heavy industrial environment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven safety track record
May include up to 10%Relocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.