Plant General Manager - ABBPThere is up to 10% travel with this position. Position Overview:
CPS (Commercial Products Supply) is a key part of the Advantaged Supply Chain of the Technical Function of The Coca-Cola Company. CPS manufactures concentrates and beverage bases for sale to bottling partners all over the world. This global organization manages a network of 19 manufacturing plants in 18 different countries along with 2 office locations (Atlanta & Drogheda, Ireland). CPS also manages complex juice supply chains on behalf of bottling partners.
The CPS Plant General Manager for The Atlanta Beverage Base Plant (ABBP) provides leadership and strategic direction in all areas of Plant Management, Production, Engineering, Supply Chain, QSE, Finance, HR and Operational Excellence for ABBP, the Atlanta Consolidated Warehouse (ACW) and the Ft. Worth Distribution Center. The Plant General Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Plant achieves its annual business plan, implementation of key programs, compliance with all Coca-Cola Standards and local regulations, and collaborative work with key stakeholders (including Business Units, Local Technical Functions and Bottlers) with a very customer focused mind-set while enhancing engagement of all Associates. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
Related Work Experience:
- Play a key role as a leader of the Local Leadership Team implementing the long term strategy, vision and mission for CPS
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Plant, in all areas of Plant Management, Production, Engineering, Supply Chain, QSE, Finance, HR and Operational Excellence. A key part of this will be to increase flexibility (in line with the changing portfolio of TCCC) and productivity for now and for the future
- Act as the site leader with local legal entity responsibility, including local regulatory, authority relationship and management
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Plant achieves its annual business plan, implementation of key programs, compliance with all Coca-Cola Standards and local regulations. This will require extensive use of standardized procedures, processes, technologies and equipment and will require close collaboration with other members of the Local LT implementing agreed strategies in the Plant
- Ensure that the Plant is working collaboratively with key stakeholders (including Business Units, Local Technical Functions and Bottlers) with a very customer focused mind-set to satisfy our Customers with continuous supply at the optimum cost, with the highest levels of quality and service
- As a member of the global General Manager community, ensure alignment and standardization across all CPS sites on a number of strategic matters
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports while also providing inspirational leadership to a large number of indirect reports to maintain and further enhance employee engagement. Will ensure that the right level of capability is developed and maintained within the Plant for now and for the future. Will also identify, develop and grow the next generation of Local leaders through active performance management, coaching, feedback and the People Development Forum (PDF) process
10 years in Technical and operational leadership roles in manufacturing operations in a food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry.Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or Business Administration; Master's Degree preferred.Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Track record of executing business results including people and change management in a supply chain environment
- Previous experience in multiple functions (including operations) within CPS or equivalent organization
- Business acumen, understanding of The Coca-Cola System and P&L management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Local strategy development
- Executing in a complex portfolio / matrixed business
- Excellent English & local language spoken and written skills
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.