Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position will serve as an HR Generalist supporting the Johnson Controls Huntsville, AL plants. The position will be primarily based at the Swancott Rd facility in Madison, AL: PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provides consultation and advice to members of management on performance, staffing, training, employee engagement and employee relations activities.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Maintains records of personnel transactions such as performance reviews and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Trains management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support applicable HR programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Prepares employee separations notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Provides HR support for High Performance Work Teams, Continuous Improvement and other processes associated with corporate requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in Human Resources with knowledge of FMLA, benefits, payroll, and employee relations.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making abilities.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Affirmative Action Plans and the legal foundations of recruiting.
- Ability to work in close association with all levels of employees while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Distribution environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in both a non-union as well as a union environment is helpful.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.