Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a Plant Maintenance Manager
in Wichita, Ks. Position Overview:
Primary responsibility is performing and/or overseeing maintenance on all plant machinery (compressed air system, heat reclaimer, boiler, HVAC, water softener, electrical systems etc). Manage a staff of maintenance mechanics. Utilize proper skilled techniques to assure the safe, efficient operation of all plant machinery. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all necessary reports and paperwork. Document all work performed. Essential Functions: THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY CONTAIN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Recruit, select, hire, develop and educate Maintenance Technicians. Coach to improve performance. Hold technicians accountable for meeting goals established by the Market Center.
- Create time effective work schedules.
- Maintain / Repair or replace equipment when necessary and perform basic plumbing, mechanical, and electrical and building repair work when necessary.
- Order necessary parts, tools, equipment, etc. in a timely manner by following company policies.
- Maintain a complement of critical spares on the shelf for plant equipment and maintain parts inventory (quantity and value matches with the records).
- Perform root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/ failures, take required corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions
- Track utility consumption data, prepare reports and circulate it for management review, propose/ implement corrective actions or solutions to control these costs.
- Communicate and co-ordinate with the equipment suppliers to resolve plant equipment related issues
- Maintain satisfactory Market Center targets for cost controls and downtime.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance schedule in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's recommendation/ industry accepted best practices for all plant equipment.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making/implementing suggestions.
- Drive company Action Plans and hold the mechanics accountable for executing against those plans.
- Maintain close coordination with production department to resolve equipment breakdowns and other production related opportunities.
- Through implementation and execution of company safety initiatives, create an environment where safety is a primary concern. Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulation that affect Market Center operations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by management.
Two-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred. Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance work experience.
- 2 years of prior management experience is preferred.
- Displays mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Possesses basic knowledge of required codes.
- Must possess current and valid driver's license.
- Displays process driven mentality.
- Displays ability to plan pro-actively and adhere to a schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of Inverter drives, controllers, AC or DC power supplies.
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams, control logic and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver a minimum of 25 pounds and load/unload product from truck without assistance. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time on concrete floor.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and maneuver 50+ pounds.
- Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extremely hot/cold temperatures.
- Fast-paced environment requiring irregular and long hours.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.