Plant Maintenance Supervisor What you will do
Under general direction provides training and direction to maintenance and technical support personnel on assigned shift to assure proper and timely maintenance, repair and set-up of production equipment to assure maximum operating efficiency. Reports to:
Manufacturing Engineering Manager Supervises:
Maintenance Mechanics - May supervise stockroom Attendants, Die cast and Assembly, Set-up and Repair Personnel or Process Technicians. How you will do it
What we look for
- Organizes and schedules work to be performed, assigns personnel to tasks and reviews finished work to assure compliance with maintenance, repair and setup specifications and procedures.
- May perform advanced troubleshooting when required techniques are beyond capabilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical training to maintenance, repair and setup personnel and instructs production personnel on process and equipment changes.
- Observes production equipment for good operating order, notes malfunctions, schedules necessary maintenance or repair and communicates with follow-on shift to assure continuity of effort.
- Collaborates with plant engineering personnel in the resolution of complex technical problems and the introduction of new equipment processes.
- Conducts monitoring of experimental processes and equipment and performs other special project work as assigned.
- Assures adherence to good housekeeping and safety practices with respect to all work performed.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Who we are
- University degree and 1 year suggested minimum experience, or 2 year degree and 6 years suggested minimum experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a Manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting PLC's is required
- Knowledge and experience with Maximo Work Order System is a plus
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.